Friday, July 8, 2011

For the Horde!

Horde Banner
My previous manicure represented the Alliance. For this manicure I am representing the opposing faction: the Horde. For me they have always been the cooler group, the Greasers to the Jocks of the Alliance if you get my completely non related analogy.  For this manicure since I had a striper (don't type stripper, don't type stripper) polish in black from LA Colors I decided not to try another go at scotch tape tips.

Blurry but you can see the magic sparkles!
For the base color on all by my ring finger I used Wet n Wild's Everyone Loves Redmond, and I did the tips with LA Colors Art Deco Black. For my ring finger cause i love sparkles I did a base coat of Wet n Wild's Ebony hates Chris and put 1 layer of Cult Nails Captivated. I love this polish but I am horrible at trying to take it's picture!

While the Horde isn't really a sparkly bunch (that's more the Alliance) I just had to use Captivated. I feel like Abu with the ruby in Aladdin. It's just so shiney! I wore this over to my Horde friends house and it recieved oohs and ahhs. Then it started to chip and peel, but I loved it while it lasted.
from Disney's Aladdin

No comments:

Post a Comment